I’ve been listening to podcasts since 2007.
It’s a great way to learn about people. Connect with others. Hear another opinion from yours. Learn about yourself and so much more.
When I started listening to podcasts, I gravitated towards comedy shows. I still listen to a lot of comedy podcasts but I’ve grown a bit and started focusing more on black based podcasts.
There are millions of podcasts to listen to and it’s all FREE. I tend to listen to podcasts using Spotify but before that I strictly used iTunes. If you do not prefer to use those two options you can always use Soundcloud, Podomatic, Google Podcast, and Stitcher.
Here’s a list of the podcasts I listen to on a weekly basis. Especially now that I’m working from home. I listen to my favorite podcasts while cooking, while flipping through magazines, taking bubble baths, or driving to the grocery store.
10. Hidden Brain > Science > Shankar Vedantam uses science and storytelling to reveal the unconscious patterns that drive human behavior, shape our choices and direct our relationships.
9. Food Bloggers Pro Podcast > Food + Blogging > We interview successful food bloggers and industry experts in an effort to surface strategies that can help you more efficiently grow and monetize your site. You’ll learn about recipe SEO, food photography, plugins, monetization, traffic, and more. New episodes every Tuesday!
8. Dead Ass with K&D > Relationships > LOVE, SEX, MARRIAGE and everything in between! Each week Khadeen & Devale Ellis spread love the Brooklyn way.
7. The Splendid Table > Cooking > The Splendid Table frequently visits with the test cooks at America’s Test Kitchen to discuss a wide range of topics including recipes, ingredients, techniques and kitchen equipment.
6. Sibling Rivalry > Comedy/Drag Queens > Monét X Change and Bob The Drag Queen are not actually siblings but they are the intensely hilarious comedy duo with infectious chemistry behind the hit podcast Sibling Rivalry.
5. Ratchet & Respectable > Entertainment > Demetria L. Lucas, cultural critic muses on pop culture shenanigans, dating and relationships mishaps, everything worth watching on any size screen and occasionally, the hilarious (mis)adventures of being “single” for the second time around.
4. Jesus & Jollof > Comedy > Jesus and Jollof is a podcast featuring Luvvie Ajayi and Yvonne Orji, two proudly Nigerian women (who have no behavior) talking about the things they love, their stories, and life in general. Why “Jesus and Jollof?” Those are the two things they cannot do without. Besides, the other option was “2 Goat Queens.”
3. The Friend Zone > Wellness + Entertainment > Listen along every Wednesday as Dustin Ross, HeyFranHey & Assante explore mental health, mental wealth and mental hygiene, because who in the hell wants a musty brain?
2. Bodega Boys > Comedy > Comedians Desus Nice (@Desusnice) and The Kid Mero (@thekidmero) are the Bodega Boys
1. The Read > Comedy > Join Kid Fury and Crissle for their weekly podcast covering hip-hop and pop culture’s most trying stars. Throwing shade and spilling tea with a flippant and humorous attitude, no star is safe from Fury and Crissle unless their name is Beyoncé. (Or Blue Ivy.)
Comment below, do you listen to these podcasts or do you have suggestions for me! Sound off in the comments!